Substance Abuse Services:
- Medically Supervised Detoxification (withdrawal Management Program)
- Ambulatory Detoxification (Depending on meeting ASAM criteria for ambulatory detoxification level and on approval of Medical Director)
- Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient Services
- Family services
- Case management and Peer recovery support services
- Aftercare planning
- Financial Assistance with Recovery available
- Age 18 or Above.
- ODMHSAS funded services available to consumers meeting eligibility criteria set forth
- Private detoxification and outpatient services available
Medically Supervised Detoxification (Withdrawal Management)
Medically supervised detoxification is often necessary to manage the medical complications associated with chemical dependency. TRC offers detoxification services on an inpatient as well as ambulatory basis. Consumers are screened and assessed for appropriate level of care for detoxification treatment.
TRC’s inpatient program is designed to help individuals achieve detoxification from alcohol and other drugs. Our team of experienced doctors, nurses, and case managers help individuals begin their recovery in a supportive and caring atmosphere. A thorough and professional intake evaluation of each patient’s specific needs allows our professionals to suggest and formulate a treatment plan with the maximum therapeutic benefits .Our Medical Director and the team of nurses determines the best possible care for our consumer. Our goal is to provide a safe medical detoxification. Our average length of stay in inpatient detoxification is about 10 days.
TRC’s Ambulatory Detoxification Program is an outpatient model for individuals requiring detoxification from drugs and alcohol. The program is unique in that it provides many of the benefits of inpatient detoxification but in a setting that is more cost effective and less restrictive. Physician, nursing staff, case managers and licensed therapists assure the consumer has their needs addressed in a very comfortable and individualized manner.
The substances the consumers are generally detoxified from are:
Alcohol – Alcohol withdrawal is a potentially life threatening condition that may require medication during withdrawal period.
- Opiates [including Heroin, Methadone (we detox Methadone up to 40mg), Oxycontin, Codeine, Demerol, Vicodin, Percocet, etc.] For opiate withdrawal, we use a combination of medications which generally make symptoms manageable. We tailor our approach to the specific needs of each patient, so not all individuals will receive the same medication regimen. Opiate detoxification also includes options of buprenorphine (Suboxone/Subutex) use in opiate withdrawal syndrome to help patients stabilize through the induction and withdrawal phase. Referrals are given to continue with maintenance dosing of buprenorphine as indicated and agreed by the patient.
Sedatives (including Klonopin, Xanax, Valium, Ativan, Librium, etc.). For sedative withdrawal, we begin tapering the individual from their current sedative dose. There are specific detoxification protocols designed to address various withdrawal symptoms during the process. Sedative withdrawal can be a lengthy process.
For the following substances: Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Marijuana, Hallucinogens, Club Drugs, etc., we provide detoxification based on Medical necessity. If detoxification is not required, the patient may instead be admitted to our Outpatient/Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs or referred to Social Detoxification Centers.
The Recovery Center assists patients in reaching and maintaining sobriety. Treatment offers individuals a chance for resuming healthy, productive lives. Extended alcohol or drug abuse causes many physical problems. Complete medical evaluation and nursing care are provided until the patient is stabilized.
Admissions: Elective admissions can be arranged twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Simply call (405) 525-2525 or come in person to The Recovery Center at 1215 NW 25th Street, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. All inquiries are held in strict of confidence. The Recovery Center is an organization dedicated to helping those who suffer from chemical dependency. We offer high quality detoxification at a cost effective rate. We provide comprehensive case management services incorporating each client’s needs with an individualized treatment plan tailored to meet recovery goals. Continued recovery success is the goal by creating a smooth transition from our facility to other inpatient/outpatient programs along with engagement in twelve-step program. Our team works with clients in tandem with medical and clinical support staff to support and educate our clients about the disease model of substance abuse and the means to achieve successful recovery and restoration of abundant life.
TRC is a Comprehensive Community Addiction Recovery Center (CCARC) which offers a wide array of community-based substance abuse and co-occurring capable services to individuals and families. TRC also offers Ambulatory Detoxification Services.
Our outpatient services are individualized and consumers are screened, assessed, and referred to an appropriate level of care based on the American Society of Addiction Medicine’s (ASAM PPC) placement criteria.
Our outpatient substance abuse and co-occurring capable programs including Intensive Outpatient Services offer the following services, but not limited to: For an appointment or if you have any questions, please call 405-525-2525.
- Individual therapy:
- Group therapy;
- Family therapy;
- Rehabilitation services;
- Case management services;
- Peer support services; and
- Wellness services and related activities
In addition to the above services, consumers who meet the ASAM criteria for substance abuse and/or co-occurring capable placement will be provided or offered a referral for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD), and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS) education, training, and counseling services for drug dependent persons.
- Provides or refers for educational sessions regarding HIV/STD/AIDS to consumers and the significant other (s) of the consumer; and
- Provides or refers all drug dependent persons, and their identified significant other(s), for HIV/STD/AIDS testing and counseling;
- Provides documentation of services described as above, including refusal of these services; and
- Maintains all test results in the confidential manner prescribed by applicable state or federal statutes or regulations.