United Methodist Women
Turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world. (UMW Vision)
- Promoting the empowerment of women, children and youth
- Promoting anti-racism and multiculturalism
- Promoting inclusion and equity
- Promoting fair labor practices
- Promoting economic and environmental stewardship and sustainability.
What we do as United Methodist Women?
We provide opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action. We are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action. We equip women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches. We work for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems.We provide educational experiences that lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
UMW Ministries & Activities
- Quilting for Missions: This UMW circle meets twice a month to make quilts given at FUMC baptisms. Quilts are also made for “4-R- Kids”, the YWCA, and various other community organizations.
- Little Ladies Sewing Circle: Elementary-aged girls get the chance to work on sewing projects with UMW mentors. They complete one mission project each year as well as items to take home.
Membership shall be open to any woman who indicates her desire to belong and to participate in the global mission of the church through UNITED METHODIST WOMEN. The pastor(s) shall be ex officio member(s).
Our Income and Our Gifts:
Our income is from individual pledges, special fund raisers and receptions. Our money goes locally to: Vacation Bible School, Mother/Child Camp, Camp Scholarships, Church Nursery, Methodist Youth Fellowship, Senior Graduation Gifts, NWOSU Lunches, Salvation Army, Church Women United and beyond to: Community Outreach, Cookson Hills, New Day Camp, Neighborhood Services Organization, and Conference Mission.